5 Tips for cleaning up different places after the Holidaysalvuk
We are sure you had such a wonderful time this holiday season. Between Christmas tree lights, presents, food-making and parties, we truly hope you got to feel the purest sense of joy. We for sure did!
Now that it is all almost over, it is time we got the house back in shape! Cleaning may not be at the top of your wish list, but we guarantee it is definitely a great way to begin a fresh new year. With all our helpful tips for cleaning after the Holidays you will have fresh, clean spaces waiting for a New Year to come. Below are 5 tips for the areas that need cleaning especially after this season:
Your cozy home
When it comes to your personal space, it is highly likely that you will start neglecting things that urgently need to be done and you will probably end up somehow in March with your Christmas Tree still up in the middle of the living room. We are here to help! First of all, you need to:
- Go on a little tour of your own house to evaluate the situation. Decide which are the most common areas used around the holiday season and bear in mind the fact that you will need to give them a special amount of attention.
- Start by focusing on getting rid of unwanted items, carrying glasses and plates from all over the house to the kitchen, picking up any food debris on the bar or on the tables.
- Move on to the Christmas Tree. If you still have the original box for Christmas decorations, carefully place them in the box. If you don’t have it, you can simply use a plastic storage container. Moreover, wrap the Christmas lights nicely to save you the frustration of taking them out next year. When you’ve finished clearing the tree, store it in its box, if it is an artificial one. If you have a real Christmas Tree, you might as well place it on the curb for pick-up. We know it’s heart-breaking, but it is about time to let go!
- Develop your own strategy! Clean less visible spaces, but make sure you reach all of them – from carpets, doors, windows, to countertops and floors. You should dust, vacuum, mop the floors and pay special attention to the area of the tree. Even artificial trees can leave leftovers behind!
- Decide if you want to spend your hangover hours cleaning and wiping floors or you want to take the time to let your hair down and enjoy the spirits of the holidays. If you do, call for the help of a specialised cleaning company.
Your professional-looking workplace
We truly understand how busy you were this year – we bet you rocked 2018! So as Christmas was rapidly getting closer, maybe you felt the need to wind down with your coworkers. Did your office host a Christmas party and a dear exchange of presents from dozens of Secret Santas? Or maybe you it held an emulation of a New Years’ Eve party? Now it is your job to make it look professional again! First of all, you should:
- Carefully put all dirty glasses, dishes and silverware on a tray and bring them to the kitchen for washing. Clean off the bar area and the tables.
- Recycle the tissue paper from gifts that were previously unwrapped.
- Mop and/or vacuum the entire room. Pay extra attention to the area of the bar, beneath the chairs and around the Christmas Tree, if you had one.
- Give the desk a good cleaning and remove things that won’t make your clients feel like they just entered a professional office – like wine bottles or toys.
- Make sure to find out what a specialised cleaning company may provide and maybe request an offer from them, so you could spend your time less worried about such mundane tasks.
Your own popular restaurant
Did you just host an enormous Christmas Party at your own restaurant that became unexpectedly popular during the last year? You can not afford losing any time over cleaning, as New Years’ Eve is just around the corner! First of all, you should:
- Clean the tables. Move everything on them to the kitchen for washing. Get rid of food debris, stale snaks or any unwanted item on them.
- Remove the tablecloth and put on clean new ones.
- Re-arrange the tables and chairs.
- Sweep and wash the floors, getting in all corners.
- Brace yourself for another crazy party!
The holiday season is one of the most challenging, especially when it comes to maintaining your premises. But, we also know that it is a time that needs to be spent around family and friends, far from stressful thoughts like cleaning after a party or preparing for another one. That is the exact reason we were invented – if you feel like you don’t have enough time to get your house back in shape, or your children can’t stop playing all around the house with the toys Santa brought them and your effort seems meaningless, you can always count on us! Go out for a walk or have dinner with your beloved ones and, in the meantime, we will get your house ready for a fresh new year that is just about to come!
|Proud members of|
Submit your review